Hypewriter deadline extended until July 21
- Junius. 2023. – Budapest, Hungary: The application period for Hypewriter, the leading fiction concept pitching forum for CEE has been extended. As in previous years, a good number of entries have been received so far, but the organizers have pushed the deadline until July 21 to offer chance for late applicants.
The pitch forum, which will be organised for the fifth time, seeks out fresh, innovative concepts. There are no restrictions in genre and Hypewriter welcomes ideas from anyone, anywhere in the world – whether seasoned professionals or applicants who’ve never submitted anything before. The prize is 10,000 euros and the production of a pilot show (presented on air by RTL Hungary) based on their idea.
Organisers extended the application deadline from 7 July to 21 July to give anyone a chance who learned about the opportunity late to submit ideas.
About the winning works of previous years:
- The winner of the first Hypewriter (The Butcher) has been released and can be seen on RTL Most+.
- The winner of the second Hypewriter (Golden Age) skipped the pilot phase and went directly into production.
- The idea of The Angel’s Trumpets of which the first episode was directed by Oscar-nominated, Golden Bear-winning filmmaker Ildikó Enyedi, who directed On Body and Soul was chosen as the winner of the Screenwriting Competition in 2021. The Angel’s Trumpets has been shown privately for a professional audience at Hypewriter 2022 and will soon be made available to the public.
- The Unfortunate Rise and Fall of a Country Boy won the grand prize in 2022. The development of the idea, which tells the true story of a young lottery winner from the countryside, has already begun and is now ready to be implemented.
- Golden Age, which took first place in 2019, will begin production parallel with the competition this year. Golden Age, which is directed by Károly Ujjj Mészáros, will leave out the pilot episode and produce an entire season in partnership with Paprika Studios and RTL Hungary.
To apply or for further information: www.hypewriter.tv